Acceptance of terms
If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the site.
European regulatory information
Learn more about European regulatory information related to Motorola.
Restrictions on use of content
U.S. copyright infringement notification procedure
To file a copyright infringement notification with Motorola, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) for more information on these requirements):
- i. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- ii. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- iii. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity which you are requesting be removed or access to which be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Motorola to locate the material. Please provide a URL to the material that is claimed to be infringing as that will allow Motorola to locate the content.
- iv. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Motorola to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- v. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- vi. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:
- DMCA Complaints Attn: Copyright Complaint Process — Office Location: W4-35M
Motorola Mobility, Inc.
600 North U.S. Highway 45
Libertyville, Illinois 60048
Please also note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Trademarks and service marks
There are a number of proprietary logos, service marks, trademarks, slogans and product designations found on this Site. By making them available on this Site, Motorola is not granting you a license to use them in any fashion. Access to this Site does not confer upon you any license under any of Motorola's or any third party's intellectual property rights.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc.
Marks owned by third parties include the following:
• Acrobat® and Acrobat Reader® are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated. • Advantage Camouflage® is a trademark of Advantage Camouflage, Inc. • America Online, AOL®, AIM®, Buddy List®, Instant Messenger™, the America Online & Design logo, the AOL & Design logo, and the Triangle Logo, are registered trademarks of America Online, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. • The Bluetooth® trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola Moblity, Inc. under license. • Dolby®, Dolby Digital, Dolby Surround®, Pro Logic® and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories; Dolby Digital is manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. • DTS®, DTS Digital Sound® and DTS Digital Surround® are trademarks of Digital Theater Systems, Inc. • Foundstone®, FoundScan™, FoundScore™, VulnTrak™, FoundSecure™, Ultimate Hacking™, SecureSolution™, and Free Tools™ are trademarks of Foundstone, Inc. FoundScan Patent Pending. • Fonix® is a registered trademark of Fonix Corporation. • Intel® is a trademark or registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. • Java™ Technology and/or J2ME™ and all other Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. • LOONEY TUNES, characters, names, and all related indicia are trademarks of Warner Bros. ©2009. • Macintosh®, Quicktime® and Quicktime logo are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. • Microsoft®, Windows®, ActiveSync®, and Windows Media® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation; and Windows XP™ and Windows Mobile™ are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. • The Motorola Proven Logo is owned by Motorola Mobility, Inc. and used under license. • NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League. The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. • Netscape® is a registered trademark of Netscape Communication Corporation. • Nuance® is a registered trademark of Nuance Communications. • PICMG® and the PICMG logo (and/or CompactPCI® and the CompactPCI logo, and/or AdvancedTCA® and the Advanced TCA logo) are registered trademarks of the PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group. ATCA™ and the ATCA logo are trademarks of the PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group. • The PowerPC® and PowerPC Logo® are trademarks of IBM Corp. and used under license. • Slingpack™ is a trademark of GoNeo, LLC. • TrueSync®, Starfish® and the Stylized Starfish Logo are registered trademarks of Starfish Software, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Pumatech, Inc. • UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries. • The W@P Certified™, W@P™ and WAP Forum™ marks are worldwide trademarks or registered trademarks of Wireless Application Protocol Forum Ltd. • Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® and Wi-Fi ZONE™ are Certification Marks of the Wireless Fidelity Alliance, Inc.
LaserTouch™, Service from the Start™, SmartScan™, Symbol™, Symbol & Design, Symbol The Enterprise Mobility Company™ and SymbolCare™ are used under license from their owner.
No Motorola trademark or service mark may be used as a hyperlink without Motorola's prior written permission.
Intellectual property licenses
For products containing MPEG-4 video functionality, please note such products are licensed under the MPEG-4 Visual Patent Portfolio License for the personal and non-commercial use of a consumer for (i) Encoding video in compliance with the MPEG-4 video that was encoded by a consumer engaged in a personal and non-commercial activity and/or was obtained from a video provider licensed by MPEG LA to provide MPEG-4 video. No license is granted or shall be implied for any other use. Additional information including that relating to promotional, internal and commercial uses and licensing may be obtained from MPEG LA, LLC. See http://www.mpegla.com.
Submission of information
Although Motorola provides certain encryption in an effort to protect the electronic transmission of credit card numbers or social security numbers ("Financial Information") that you submit to Motorola through the Site, Motorola does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site. You understand and agree to assume the security risk for any information you provide using the Site.
Other than the Financial Information, do not send any confidential or proprietary information to Motorola through the Site. Except for the Financial Information or personally identifiable information relative to you, any information you do send to Motorola through the Site will be deemed NOT to be confidential ("Non-Confidential Information"). For any Non-Confidential Information you do send, post or submit you hereby grant Motorola an unrestricted, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the Non-Confidential Information, and agree that Motorola is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send Motorola for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to you or any other person sending the Non-Confidential Information, and you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Non-Confidential Information and that public posting and use of your content by Motorola will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party. Your personally identifiable information you submit to us shall be treated in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
There are two types of message boards hosted on Motorola's web sites: those that are monitored by Motorola and those that are not monitored. Monitored message boards are moderated and messages are screened for inappropriate content. Please refer to the relevant Motorola hosted web site to determine which policy applies to a particular message board. Please be advised that message board content is the sole responsibility of the person supplying the content, and Motorola assumes no responsibility to control such content. Opinions expressed on Motorola message boards and in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original authors, and not necessarily that of Motorola. Except for private message boards, which are governed under a separate Non-disclosure Agreement, all messages posted or submitted to a message board shall be treated as Non-confidential Information as outlined above.
Motorola privacy statement
Motorola's collection and use of personally identifiable information about you is subject to our Privacy Statement. For more information, see our full privacy statement for this site by selecting the link at the bottom of the page. This site is intended for use by persons over the age of 13. Motorola does not seek to collect information about children under the age of 13. No information should be submitted to or posted on this web site by users under 13 years of age. Motorola encourages parents to take an active role in their children's use of the Internet, and to inform them of the potential dangers of providing information about themselves over the Internet.
Participation in promotions and other site activities
If you choose to participate in a promotion or other Motorola-sponsored activity ("Web Site Activity"), you agree to comply with any rules or regulations governing such Web Site Activity. Additionally, as a condition of your continued participation in the Web Site Activity, you agree not to: 1) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; 2) harm minors in any way; 3) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; 4) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Web Site Activity; 5) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); 6) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; 7) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation; 8) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; 9) interfere with or disrupt the service or servers or networks connected to the service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the service; 10) "stalk" or otherwise harass another person or entity; or 11) collect or store personal data about other users. You agree that violation of any of the foregoing will result in your immediate disqualification from participant in the Web Site Activity, and may result in additional legal actions being taken by Motorola.